Tuesday, June 17, 2008

First Magic Loop Socks

I learned much by following the 2 at a time Socks tutorial in Melissa Morgan-Oakes magic loop sock book (<----found here), and it is clever, this I have to admit, BUT I don't think I would want to knit a complicated or very involved pattern using the 
magic loop (<---found here) method.  We will see.
I can see many uses for the magic loop technique.  Mittens, sleeves are just a few of the possibilities.
I knitted these socks according to the lesson using two colors.  This helps to keep you "clear" which sock is which.  I switched up the toe and crocheted a lace edge to make them girlie. My granddaughter Tessa has them.  I am waiting on a pic of her in wearing them, then I can add that pic to my Ravelry project. http://www.ravelry.com/projects/downandknitty/2-at-a-time-socks-tutorial


  

No comments: